Discover the creations of Benoît Noury, one of our partner jewellers, based in Angers. He likes to work with shapes and to give a real place to the coloured gemstone. Benoît is very much inspired by the world of plants and architecture to imagine his creations and build a jewellery with character.
Benoit Noury came to jewellery almost by chance and is now a recognised specialist in gemology. His knowledge has
been built up during his long experience in the jewellery industry, including 20 years spent in Angers as a workshop manager.
In 2010, Benoit Noury decided to open his own workshop. He became known for his creations, based on the world of vegetation. Today, Benoit Noury joins the Nascendi experience and puts his creativity at your service through his semi-measured models.
• WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST SOURCES OF INSPIRATION?
I draw my inspiration from the world around me and mainly from nature and architecture.
• WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE STONE AND WHAT DREAM JEWEL WOULD YOU IMAGINE WITH IT?
Spessartite garnet and cornflower sapphire (a shade of blue) to create powerful rings with strong character.
• WHICH ARTISTIC MOVEMENT DO YOU FEEL MOST INFLUENCED BY IN YOUR WORK?
I like the "free" currents, like what Suzanne Belperron has experienced in her work.
• IN WHICH CITY DO YOU ALWAYS FEEL COMFORTABLE AND WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES?
"My Angers suits me, I have my habits and memories there. I also feel good in the world of Parisian department stores and in the heart of small Italian villages.
• WHAT IS YOUR BEDSIDE BOOK, THE ONE THAT SERVES AS A GUIDE OR THAT YOU CAN READ OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
The Power of the Present moment by Eckhart Tolle.
• A HABIT THAT HELPS YOU STIMULATE YOUR CREATIVITY?
Listening to Bach.